It’s easy to get carried away on a night out and just as easy to end up in a situation that you’re not entirely comfortable with if you’re not able to make good or smart choices.
Here are some tips to help you make sure you stay safe whilst having fun:
- Let a parent or responsible adult know where you’re going.
- Eat well before you go out as a full stomach will slow the absorption of alcohol.
- Drink in moderation and have some space between your drinks.
- Don’t accept drinks from strangers or let them top up your current drink.
- If you’re going to do drugs, make sure you know what you’re taking and find out how to reduce the risks of overdose or injury.
- Never mix drugs with alcohol or other drugs.
- Trust your own judgement. Don’t let peer pressure sway you into doing anything you don’t want to do. It’s okay to say no.
- Stay close to friends you trust.
- Take condoms with you if you think you might end up having sex – and use them.
- Don’t get into a car with a driver who has been drinking or using drugs.
- Don’t take a risk with an unbooked minicab. Make sure you have a reliable taxi company’s contact details.
- Remember that your judgement may be impaired if you’ve been drinking or taking drugs – don’t take risks you may regret.
- Leave for somewhere safe if you feel unsafe at a venue or party.
- Remember that you don’t have to use alcohol or other drugs to have fun.