At Gettingiton.org.uk we take online security very seriously and we try to ensure that we manage all online data in a professional way.
We have published this guide to help you understand how and why Gettingiton.org.uk collects information from you.
You can go to our website and look through, browse the site and we take no personal information at that stage. We only start to take information from you when you "interact" with us i.e. join our mailing lists, enter a survey or contact us via our feedback form. Please see below for further details.
What information do we collect?
- We may ask for your name, telephone number, postal address and email address for any prize draws or surveys that we might run. This data will not be stored. It is only asked for so we can contact you if you are a winner. You will have the choice not to leave your details.
- We do not ask you to supply any personal information in our feedback form, but should you provide it we would like to make you aware that this information will be shared with the relevant parties in the relevant borough to ensure your query is dealt with effectively. This information will be shared via email and is stored in our email software. If you would like it to be removed, then this can be done on request.
How do we collect data?
- We use Google Analytics to assess overall usage of the website and user interaction with the different pages of the site. Again, this data is completely anonymous, only allowing us to see the broad geographic location of site users e.g. Croydon, Sutton, Kingston.
What is the data used for?
Primarily to help us serve you better. We use the data we do collect in very specific ways.
- We use the data on traffic to maximise the website potential ensuring you get what you want where you want to see it and it helps us with the overall management of the website.
- We use any information you give us via the feedback form to help deal with your suggestion or query as effectively as possible. This is done either by forwarding your comment / query to the relevant 3rd party in the relevant borough best able to deal with the issue you raise, or by sharing it with the wider website commissioning group if a group decision is required.
- We do not make any information available to any other company. Once a prize draw or survey has ended and the winner has been contacted, all data is deleted. Therefore you will not get emails from other third parties, via us, from the data you have agreed to give us.
Please Note: Customer Feedback - By providing your details on our website, you consent to the information you give us being processed for any of the purposes we have explained above.
This policy was put into effect 19th June 2008. Updated 15/07/11 and again on 21/05/18 in accordance with the GDPR.